- The Capital CoLAB equips emerging talent with the expertise to accelerate the Capital Region forward.
- Together with the region’s preeminent educators and business leaders, we designed the Digital Tech Credential to integrate digital tech skills into higher education curriculum with real world application.
- Booz Hamilton Allen
- Capital One
- General Dynamics (GDIT)
- JPMorgan Chase
- McKinsey & Company
- MedStar Health
- Monumental Sports & Entertainment
- Northrop Grumman
- Stanley Black & Decker
- T. Rowe Price
- Under Armour
When you sign-up for the CoLAB Community (capitalcolab.com/community) you will be invited to a portal with CoLAB internship and event information.
Each university has a set of courses that are required to complete the credential. Upon completion of these courses, you will receive a digital badge which will be shareable on social professional sites (LinkedIn), as well as on your resume. Hiring managers and recruiters will recognize this badge as a differentiator in hiring.
- Exclusive access to a student portal with internship and event opportunities
- Invitation to participate in annual internship fairs with CoLAB employers
- Professional development webinars and other ad-hoc opportunities
- Earn a digital badge upon completion of required courses
Digital badges are markers of academic and professional achievement that you can publicize across a broad range of mediums (both print and online).
The CoLAB’s Digital Tech Credential is accepted and recognized by all CoLAB companies as a marker that you are well prepared to step into positions that require foundational digital skills, such as data analysis, data visualization, and data security.
There is no cost to participate in the Digital Tech Credential program.
The Digital Tech Credential has no GPA/grade requirements; however, your university may require certain prerequisites or GPAs.
CoLAB employers also reserve the right to apply internal company standards to all Credential applicants during job and internship interview processes.
Once you sign up for the program, you will have access to the CoLAB Connect portal to review opportunities. Some may be reserved for students who have completed one or more of the credential courses.
Of course! We welcome everyone to participate in the Digital Tech Credential program. However, each company reserves the right to apply internal hiring standards to Credential candidates. Having the Digital Tech Credential does not increase the
likelihood of obtaining employer-sponsored visas.
Already completed the credential courses? You should receive an email from your university inviting you to claim your digital badge.
For all other questions, please email:CoLAB@greaterwashingtonpartnership.com